If a man is known by the company he keeps, let’s take a look at the Friends of Barack Obama:
- Frank Marshall Davis, was a journalist, poet and Communist Party USA activist in Chicago and Hawaii and a mentor to a young Barack Obama, from about age 10 to 18.
- William Ayers, is the former leader of the terrorist group Weather Underground. Barack Obama wrote an endorsement for Mr. Ayers’ book, “A Kind and Just Parent: Children of the Juvenile Court.” In 1995 Mr. Obama was hired by Mr. Ayers to head the Chicago Annenberg Challenge. Mr. Ayers and Mr. Obama served together as directors of the Woods Fund from 1999 through 2002.
- Reverend Jeremiah Wright, is Pastor Emeritus of Trinity United Church of Christ (TUCC)in Chicago. It was Reverend Wright who famously said in a sermon to his congregation on September 16, 2001:
We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America’s chickens are coming home to roost.”
As Hillary Clinton said, “You don’t choose your family, but you choose what church you want to attend.” Barack Obama chose TUCC at age 26 and remained a member for two decades. Reverend Wright performed the marriage ceremony for Barack and Michelle Obama, and baptized their two daughters.
- Tony Rezko is a Syrian-born Chicago business man, currently serving a 10-1/2 year sentence for 16 counts of corruption and fraud. Mr. Rezko was a major fundraiser for Barack Obama’s successful 2008 Senate campaign. He also had ties to former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich, now serving a 16-year prison term for his conviction on one count of lying to the FBI in a case centered on attempts to sell the Senate seat once held by Barack Obama. The Rezkos and the Obamas purchased adjacent lots in Chicago, in a real estate deal that cast the appearance of inpropriety, and about which Mr. Obama stated, “I consider this a mistake on my part and I regret it.”
- Rashid Khalidi, is a college professor, one-time spokesman for Yasser Arafat and the PLO, radical Palestinian activist who denounces Israel as a racist state and defends suicide bombings. He held a fundraiser for Barack Obama’s unsuccessful run for Congress in 2000. According to an article in the Los Angeles Times, at a 2003 farewell dinner for the Rashidis, who were moving from Chicago to New York,
A special tribute came from Khalidi’s friend and frequent dinner companion, the young state Senator Barack Obama. Speaking to the crowd, Obama reminisced about meals prepared by Khalidi’s wife, Mona, and conversations that had challenged his thinking.
His many talks with the Khalidis, Obama said, had been “consistent reminders to me of my own blind spots and my own biases. . . . It’s for that reason that I’m hoping that, for many years to come, we continue that conversation — a conversation that is necessary not just around Mona and Rashid’s dinner table,” but around “this entire world.”
In 2008, candidate Barack Obama was elected on promises of hope and change. He has spent the last four years whining and blaming George Bush instead of taking constructive steps to find solutions and fix the problems. After four years of charting his own course, hope and change are completely at odds to President Obama’s failed leadership and abysmal record
Benghazi, Libya. Four dead Americans; ignored pleas for help from the Consulate while it was under siege; complete failure to heed the warnings from Ambassador Chris Stevens in the weeks, days and hours leading up to the attack; a made-up excuse of mob action inflamed by a video trailer that no one had seen or heard of; a stonewalling White House and State Department; an on-going coverup aided and abetted by complicit and/or incompetent reporters in the national media. (Jennifer Griffin and Catherine Herridge at Fox News have been out in front on this story. ABC, CBS and the Washington Post have finally begun to report on this developing story and the emerging coverup.)
The Economy: Unemployment
- 7.9% unemployment, at rate higher than when President Obama took office.
- Unemployment rate at or above 8% for 42 out of 44 months; at or above 9% for 29 of those months, the worst record since the Great Depression.
- 23 million people unemployed or underemployed.
- Since January 2009, 7.8 million Americans have dropped out of the labor force. If the work force had not declined, the unemployment rate would be above 10.5%.
- A record 47 million Americans are on food stamps
- As unemployment benefits run out, more Americans are applying for disability benefits. More than 3.8 million new applications have been approved, and a record 8.3 million Americans are collecting disability payments, many of whom will never return to work.
The Economy: Spending
- Barack Obama has failed to get a budget passed during his entire term in office. This is not something he can blame on the Republicans. The Democrat-controlled Senate showed true bipartisanship in voting 0-97 against proceeding with the President’s 2012 budget. In contrast, the Senate vote against proceeding with Congressman Paul Ryan’s budget plan was 40-57.
- Sixteen trillion-dollar debt; trillion-dollar deficits
Crony Capitalism: The Obama Administration picks winners and (mostly) losers. Here is a list of some alternative energy companies that received stimulus money, and are now either in bankruptcy or close to it:
- Abound Solar
- Evergreen Solar
- A123 Systems
Obamacare, The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. If you like the Department of Motor Vehicles, you will love Obamacare. This legislation puts one-sixth of the national economy under the control of Washington bureaucrats. To pay for for this bureaucracy and the health care mandates, the law creates or increases 21 separate taxes, resulting in the largest tax hike in the nation’s history.
Under Obamacare, there is a 2.3% tax on medical devices, which goes into effect next year. This is not a tax on profits. It is a tax on gross receipts. Investment capital is fleeing the medical device industry, and is down for the third straight quarter. By some estimates, more than 40,000 jobs may be killed just in this one industry as a result of this tax.
Barack Obama is a failed leader because his vision for America is the wrong vision. We don’t want big government. We want more liberty, less bureaucratic intrusion, and more effective government.
Mitt Romney has a record of leadership, fiscal responsibility, job creation, and positive values. On Day One he will introduce a bill to reduce taxes, and will issue an executive order to pave the way to end Obamacare.
It’s time for positive change. Vote for Mitt Romney.
Frank Marshall Davis
REWARD: $100,000 FOR KHALIDI TAPE, breitbart.com, (September 20, 2012)
Obama’s Unprecedented Record of Failure on Jobs, Investors.com (November 2, 2012)
Obama Receives Zero Votes in Senate, The Hill (May 5, 2011)
A123 given $249M created 400 jobs now added to list of companies that received Billions in Federal Stimulus on verge of bankruptcy, American Livewire (October 30, 2012)
Obamacare’s Silent Job Killer, USA Today (November 3, 2012)